Proprietary FM/a Fibromyalgia Blood Test Claims Quick, High Accuracy Results

Proprietary FM/a Fibromyalgia Blood Test Claims Quick, High Accuracy Results
Fibromyalgia (FM) is a common and complex chronic pain disorder that causes widespread pain and tenderness to touch that may occur bodywide, or migrate over the body to a degree that it affects people physically, mentally, and socially. It is estimated that 2 to 8 percent, or as many as 20 million Americans, have fibromyalgia, with a ratio of about 8 to 2, women over men, but it can occur in people of all ages, including children. nfmcpalogoThe National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association (NFMCPA), a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, notes that while a literal translation of the term fibromyalgia is "pain in the muscles, ligaments and tendons," fibromyalgia symptoms are typically more than pain and present in a wide range of phemomena that vary from person to person. Patients with fibromyalgia typically display diffuse hyperalgesia (increased response to painful stimuli) or allodynia (heightened sensitivity to stimuli that are not normally painful). Other fibromyalgia symptoms can include debilitating fatigue, sleep disturbances (sleep apnea or waking up unrefreshed), cognitive difficulties (memory problems or thinking clearly), and joint stiffness. Other common symptoms may include depression or anxiety, migraines, tension headaches, pelvic pain, irritable or overactive bladder, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), TMJD (including tinnitus), and gastrointestinal reflux disease. In the past, such syndromes have been called fibro

1. Louise Rig says:

Hello – any idea if this test is available in Australia or are you the only company to have developed it so far? If you had a level of, say, 49, where would you be on the Fibromyalgia scale? Thanks

• Barbara says:

Your special blood kit has to reach EpicGenetics in Los Angeles, California, no later than 24 hours later, arriving there between Monday and Thursday. You receive the special kit from EpicGenetics.

2. LHOPKINS says:

Hi I have ms and fibro. Tried to leave my email address for anyother correspondence regarding FIBRO but it wouldn’t let me.

3. Donna says:

All the information you need is at https://fmtest.com/#_right-for-you. I filled out the test application form and received an email from them within a couple of days. They had already contacted my insurance and found out that my BCBS will pay 100% of the allowable amount. Now EpicGenetics has been working with me and my insurance company to find out exactly what that allowable amount will be. EpicGenetics has been more than helpful with working with my insurance. Cash cost for the test is just under $1K. I hope this helps.

4. wow, didn’t plan on reading this tonight but sure glad I did. Just going through my emails and found you on a webmd page. I’ve been suffering for so long and don’t know why,now I may have a answer. Thanks

5. Amy Hoover-Culbert says:

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 15yrs ago. I had many tests to rule out other things. I also have RA. The specific tender points aren’t always painful, but almost anywhere else on my body is painful when pressed, even very lightly. Is it possible to have fibromyalgia if this blood test is negative (sorry my question mark key is broken). I’m now having more days where I can’t function at all compared to a few years ago. Is it common that symptoms get progressively worse~ Finally, does this test need to be ordered by my fibro doctor~
    Thank you for your time and help if you can reply.

6. This test was developed in 2012 and the clinical studihave been repeated at least once, according to the article. Why is the FM/a test not being widely used? It states above that it is being covered, reimbursement is possible. It’s not overwhelming expensive. What’s going on @epicgenetics ? Why aren’t we seeing this as part of a common diagnostic program?
    Why, if we are able to PINPOINT A CAUSE, Can we not cure it?
    Also, how is my Fibromyalgia an Immune disorder? I’m in pain, not sneezing?! Is the Microplasm theory correct? Should we be seeing Infectious disease specialist?
    I did have that weird , “NONCONTAGIOUS MONONUCLEOSIS” For 2.5 years starting when I was about 15….Didn’t give it to a soul, not even my boyfriend whom I dated the whole time!
    Science, huh! Discovery generates more questions!!
    Congratulations

• Janice says:

Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune system disorder as is Lupus; both very painful. Inflammatory arthritis (IA) (when a patients test is a normal SED and a negative RA test) is verified by a Nuclear Medicine Whole Body Bone Scan; IA is an immune system disease and it also causes very bad pain. To treat it they use an old Malaria drug which aids the immune system resulting in a lot less pain, but it does not work on Fibro.

• Janice says:

Also, this test does not pinpoint a cause. It reads markers which are likely the result of what is going on. Tests for diseases like Lupus, RA, and so on will read markers but there is no cure and none or few treatments.

Remember, immune system and autoimmune system disease cause inflammation and inflammation causes pain. That is why Fibromyalgia is so painful, it is an immune system disease causing inflammation which causes pain.

7. Paula Grandinetti says:

I believe , having suffered fibromyalgia for many years, including participating in 3 year study SDSU, This is bogus, refer to Mayo clinic, also RN so speaking with knowledge. There are 18 pressure points, 11 needed to diagnose fibromyalgia, which is recognize as disease. Please speak with your Dr before taking their word. My opinion, also my truth