- I didn’t follow up as well as I should have.
- I didn’t seek out second or third opinions.
- I believed physicians when they said there was nothing wrong, even though I knew deep down there was something very wrong!
- I doubted myself.
- I took myself for granted.
- I didn’t make my health the priority it should have been.
- I relied too much on people who didn’t care about me.
- I refused to open my mind to alternative treatments and natural products.
- I DIDN’T LOVE MYSELF ENOUGH TO FIGHT FOR MYSELF!
My health has been a thorn in my side most of my life. Since fifth grade, I’ve been trying to get answers to health issues that have plagued me. I went from doctor to doctor, trying to get help for my many symptoms to no avail. Why wasn’t I having any success? What could I have done differently? Was I somehow holding myself back? I recently started practicing mindfulness. Being a writer, I decided to jot down what came to mind. Here are the results: