- FlexJobs has listings of telecommuting jobs — there is a fee to join.
- Amazon has virtual or work-from-home opportunities.
- Articulate allows you to work from anywhere. Positions range from customer care roles to software engineers.
- Belay has remote opportunities for those living in the Atlanta, Georgia, area.
- Upwork and Freelancer have listings of freelance projects.
- ACD takes on remote agents to deliver customer service and support.
When I got sick nine years ago, I had to give up my dream of becoming a medical assistant, a role for which I had trained and looked forward to pursuing. The unpredictability of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome made it impossible for me to work a regular job, even in a part-time role. So apart from having the opportunity of writing this fabulous column for pay, I needed to find other ways to bring in extra income. I've done some research into the options out there and want to share my results in case some of these might be helpful to you. Following are some of the opportunities that I've found: