Fibromyalgia Awareness Day may be a few months off (May 12!), but you really should be raising awareness all year long — you can even start getting organized for a big event on Fibromyalgia Awareness Day.
If you’re wondering what can you do to help, newlifeoutlook has quite a few ideas.
There are many ways that you can help to raise the profile of fibromyalgia including:
- Getting on social media to share facts, stats, figures and life stories about fibromyalgia.
- Getting involved in a local fibromyalgia awareness event.
- Hosting your own fibromyalgia awareness event to raise funds for research.
- Donating to a fibromyalgia charity or non-profit organization.
- Creating a Facebook page for locals with fibromyalgia.
- Joining or hosting a local support group.
- Contacting your senator or congressman to talk about extra funding for fibromyalgia research and treatment.
- Becoming an advocate for fibromyalgia and speaking out to the medical world and the media.
- Printing out support posters and putting them up at your place of work/school/college
- Wearing a fibromyalgia purple ribbon and talking to people about the disease when they ask why you’re wearing it.
- Creating your own YouTube video to explain what it’s like to live with fibromyalgia.
- Selling fibromyalgia wristbands to friends, neighbors, and colleagues.
Fibromyalgia News Today is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?