Fibromyalgia Awareness Day may be a few months off (May 12!), but you really should be raising awareness all year long — you can even start getting organized for a big event on Fibromyalgia Awareness Day.
If you’re wondering what can you do to help, newlifeoutlook has quite a few ideas.
There are many ways that you can help to raise the profile of fibromyalgia including:
- Getting on social media to share facts, stats, figures and life stories about fibromyalgia.
- Getting involved in a local fibromyalgia awareness event.
- Hosting your own fibromyalgia awareness event to raise funds for research.
- Donating to a fibromyalgia charity or non-profit organization.
- Creating a Facebook page for locals with fibromyalgia.
- Joining or hosting a local support group.
- Contacting your senator or congressman to talk about extra funding for fibromyalgia research and treatment.
- Becoming an advocate for fibromyalgia and speaking out to the medical world and the media.
- Printing out support posters and putting them up at your place of work/school/college
- Wearing a fibromyalgia purple ribbon and talking to people about the disease when they ask why you’re wearing it.
- Creating your own YouTube video to explain what it’s like to live with fibromyalgia.
- Selling fibromyalgia wristbands to friends, neighbors, and colleagues.
Fibromyalgia News Today is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.