Restless Legs Syndrome and Fibromyalgia

Restless Legs Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
Through the Fog Sleep issues are, unfortunately, a common occurrence with fibromyalgia. One of these distressing disorders is restless legs syndrome (RLS). One may wonder what on earth this is. Let's look at the symptoms and some steps to take to improve them. Symptoms may include the sensation of creeping, burning, crawling, or tugging in the legs. At times, these sensations are fairly minor. Other times, they can be really painful. They can cause an overwhelming urge to move the legs to find some relief. These sensations usually start when a person is relaxed, which means they can keep someone from falling asleep or wake them up during the night. That causes the person to be truly exhausted and function below an optimum level the next day. RLS is a neurological condition, but it's not yet clear what causes it. A nutritional deficiency, such as magnesium, can cause harsher symptoms. One thing a lot of us with fibromyalgia already do is to take a warm or hot bath using Epsom salts that contain magnesium. Taking a bath this way before bed helps to relax the muscles, and adding lavender essential oil to the mix will help you relax and possibly sleep better, as well as alleviate symptoms of restless legs syndrome. For those like me who are unable to ge

• Tracy Queen says:

Yes Denise I feel my arms jerking a lot and my hands. It is so distressing to try and sleep and have all this jerking going on all over your body.

• Nancy L Ruckman says:

All day, every day! Seeing a neurologist right now for the body-wide jerking issues. I have a hard time controlling my legs (like when slipping on a shoe) and my arms, like when reaching for the car door. Scrambling eggs is a messy ordeal when the fork jerks and eggs go flying. MAY be a Neuronton side effect, but I’m not willing to give up the Neuronton to find out!

1. Christy Flaming says:

Had RLS for years. Found that taking 50 mg (minimum) of zinc per day CURED it. Hope it works for somebody else as well.

2. Heather Reeves says:

Ropinirole, a drug for Parkinsons, is the only treatment that works with RLS for me. I got the RLS within a few years of getting TMJ. With the ropiinrole I can sleep, though I still kick and move according to my husband.

3. jean spain says:

I am in the UK and take Pramipexol at about 7pm (also prescribed for Parkinson’s disease) as have all over body RLS which starts as soon as I sit in the early evening to have my evening meal. Watch out for the unusual side effects though of gambling addiction and unusual sexual activity which are well documented to affect those on this and similar drugs.I am my husband’s carer and having Fibro (20 years) as well can be a nightmare at times but have to carry on. I ran a support group for many years which was invaluable for the 150+ members, try one if there is one near you!

4. AJ says:

I use the vaporized CBD and the BioCBDplus topical oil. They made a difference in my sleeping and reduction in my RLS symptoms. I have only been using for a short period, so far so good. – AJ